1. Polenta, cheese and Mushroom pizza
-8 (about 400g) field mushrooms, or flat mushrooms
-1 1/2 tablespoons small fresh thyme sprigs
-2 tablespoons lemon-infused extra virgin olive oil
-1 garlic clove, crushed
-260g (1 1/2 cups) instant polenta, plus 3 teaspoons, extra
-500ml (2 cups) reduced-fat milk
-500ml (2 cups) water
-20g butter, chopped
-150g (1 1/2 cups) fresh mozzarella, coarsely grated
-40g (1/2 cup) parmesan, finely grated
-60g soft blue cheese, crumbled
-Baby kale leaves, to serve
Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place mushrooms on tray. Top with thyme. Mix oil and garlic in a bowl. Drizzle mushrooms with 1 1⁄2 tbs oil mixture. Season and bake for 10 minutes or until tender.
Meanwhile, grease 2 baking trays with oil. Sprinkle with extra polenta. Bring milk and water to the boil in a saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to low. Add polenta in a thin, steady stream, stirring until combined. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until soft. Stir in butter. Season. Divide among prepared trays. Spread to make a 24cm round on each tray.
Brush remaining oil mixture over polenta bases. Bake for 5 minutes. Combine cheeses. Reserve 1⁄4 cup and divide remaining cheese mixture among polenta bases. Bake for 7-8 minutes or until cheese melts.
Top polenta bases with mushroom. Sprinkle with reserved cheese. Bake for 5 minutes or until golden. Stand for 5 minutes. Use an egg slice to transfer to a board. Sprinkle with kale.
2. Gluten-Free chicken salad sandwich
- 2 slices Springg foods Gluten Free Bread
- 2 tsp gluten-free whole-egg mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup shredded cooked chicken breast fillet
- 1/4 cup coarsely grated carrot
- 15g baby spinach leaves
Spread 1 slice of bread with mayonnaise. Top with chicken, carrot and spinach. Top with remaining bread. Cut in half.
3. Beef Burger
- 1 medium onion, peeled and finely diced
- 500g good quality beef mince
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 slice of spring foods bread, whizzed into breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons of wholegrain mustard
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons of beaten egg
- 2 generous pinches of Salt and 6 grinds of black pepper
- 1 heaped teaspoon of caster sugar
To garnish your burger:
8 baby gem lettuce leaves
2 tablespoons of good quality mayonnaise
1 red onion, peeled and sliced into thin rings
3 ripe vine tomatoes, thinly sliced
Tomato sauce or tomato relish to taste
In a medium-sized bowl, mix together all the burger ingredients. Fry a teaspoon of the mixture in a tablespoon of vegetable oil and check the seasoning. Add more salt and pepper as necessary.
Shape the mixture into eight burgers approximately 11/2cm thick and chill for 10 minutes. Tip: for uniform burgers, press 100g of burger mix into a large pastry cutter.
Fry, grill or BBQ the burgers for 3-5 minutes per side depending on how well done you like your burgers.
To assemble the burgers, generously spread the base of the rolls with mayonnaise, add a lettuce leaf then place on the burger and layer on slices of onion and tomato. Top with tomato sauce or relish and the top half of the bun. Serve immediately.